We had some crepes at a restaurant in Frankenmuth and I remembered how much I love crepes. Easy to make and they can be filled with anything. I made some turkey, spinach, swiss and honey mustard crepes for lunch for us today based on the one I had at the restaurant yesterday. You can fill the crepes with anything you want, from sweet to savory.
Turkey Swiss Crepes
- sliced oven roasted turkey
- fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- Swiss cheese slices
- honey mustard
Make the Basic Crepe Recipe (from Allrecipes), ingredients are below.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula and flip the crepe over. Put 2 slices of Swiss cheese, 2 slices of turkey, honey mustard and spinach on the crepe. Let cook 2-3 minutes, fold one half of the crepe over, then fold the other half over. Serve hot.
feta cheese, spinach, olives, roasted red pepper
cooked bacon, tomato, lettuce
ham, Swiss cheese, dijon mustard
Crepes can also have sweet fillings, try a PB&J, bananas and chocolate chips, or simple melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.