Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mashed Cauliflower

The other night Bob and I made a turkey tenderloin and I wanted to do something different with the head of cauliflower we had. I remembered mashed cauliflower being all the rage when no-carb diets became popular so I made my own recipe, incorporating a few potatoes for a smoother texture. You would never know the main ingredient is cauliflower in this dish. Remember, I never really measure anything so you can adjust the recipe to suit your taste. Mashed Cauliflower 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets 4 small Yukon gold potatoes, about golf-ball sized, scrubbed and cut in half 2 cloves garlic, peeled about a handful of fresh grated Parmesan cheese 2 TB butter salt (I used some truffle salt, yummy!) pepper In. A large stockpot, boil the cauliflower, potatoes and garlic until soft. Drain and add the rest of the ingredients into a food processor or mash by hand. This was delicious and I even took leftovers to work and I Never eat leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my site thus i got here to return the favor?
    .I am attempting to to find things to improve my site!
    I guess its ok to make use of some of your ideas!!

    Feel free to surf to my blog white florist wire

    ReplyDelete