Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy (Almost) Valentine's Day

This is a Valentine's Day card I made for Bob.  I was excited to give it to him so he received it last night.  Here is how I made it:

Supplies:

For the large read heart I used a words stamp to stamp on a plain piece of watercolor paper.  Then I sprayed the paper with red spray ink and when it was dry, cut out a heart using a template I found online. 


I tore the edges off a piece of 9x12 watercolor paper to give it a rustic look.  I sprayed the paper with some water, then painted the background with blue watercolor.  Next, I added some purple and green watercolors.  I sprayed the paper with water again to blend to colors, then sprinkled salt on the paper (see the little flecks?)  Then I splattered some whiteYasutomo Pearlized watercolor over the whole paper. I let everything dry before moving to the next step.

I ran a Distress ink pad (vintage photo color) along the edges of the main paper and the edge of the heart.  Using a blending tool, I added more Distress ink to the corners of the paper and did a little on the heart.

The LOVE Grungeboard letters are painted white.  The Japanese heart was made using a paper punch.  I glued everything in place and Bob loved it!!!

NOTE:  The spray ink was made using a dropper of Distress re-inker in Lipstick, a scoop of gold Perfect Perals and water in a small spray bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment